Chile Roasting Tips
1.Be Selective!!! Fresh firm bodied peppers will roast and process
2. Always wash, dry and apply a thin coat of cooking oil before roasting.
The oil will provide a faster and more even roast!!!
3. Roast your peppers over an intense open flame, turning as needed
until completely blistered and slightly charred. Gas fired barbecues
set to high heat work well for this purpose!Your oven broiler will
also work, but it doesn't provide the flame roasted flavor!
4. After completing the roasting process, place your peppers in a
covered container and allow to sweat until cool enough to handle, about
5. Sweating your peppers to long will turn the flesh soft and mushy,
making processing difficult!
6. Now, remove the skins, seeds and veins quick and easy with the
Grip~N~Strip Pepper Prep'er, and enjoy the fresh roasted flavor pepper