Chili Verde Recipes - Slow Cooker Chili Verde
By Brandy Summers
Here's a quick and easy chili verde recipe that you can serve as a soup or over chimichangas.
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic pepper
- 3 pounds pork picnic roast
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can chicken broth
- 2 (4 oz.) cans diced green chilies, drained
- 3 (7 oz.) cans green salsa
- 2 (15.5 oz.) cans great Northern beans, drained (optional)
- In a slow cooker, pour in half of the Worcestershire sauce and half of
the garlic pepper. Place the roast inside of the pan and sprinkle the remaining
Worcestershire sauce and garlic pepper over the top of the meat. Add in the
onions and chilies. Pour the chicken broth over all. Cover and cook on low
heat for 8 to 10 hours.
- When the roast is fork tender (you can pull it apart with a fork), stir
in the green salsa and beans. Continue cooking until heated completely.
=> Chili Verde Recipes: Chili Verde Stew
This spicy chili verde recipe features roasted pork, salsa, green chilies, spices and fresh jalapeno pepper. Remember to wear rubber or plastic gloves when handling fresh hot peppers, and don't touch your face or eyes while handling.
- 3/4 pound boneless pork roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 dash ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- In a large saucepan, cook the pork in oil over medium heat until it no
longer looks pink; remove the meat from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté the green pepper, onion and garlic for 1 to 2 minutes,
or until they are tender. Stir in the pork, wine or broth, tomatoes, salsa,
1 tablespoon of the chilies, cumin, sugar and cloves. Cover and cook over low
heat for 40 minutes; stir occasionally.
- Stir in the parsley, jalapeno and remaining chilies. Cover and cook for
another 20 to 25 minutes, or until the meat is tender.
=> Chili Verde Recipes: Basic Homemade Chili Verde
Here is a simple way to make homemade chili verde which uses fresh cilantro.
- 1 pound pork, cubed
- 5 tomatillos (green tomatoes)
- 3 serrano chili peppers
- 1 medium white onion
- 1/3 bunch fresh cilantro
- 4 cloves of garlic
- In a pan, cook pork until nice and brown; drain off the fat.
- Wrap the tomatillos, chilies and garlic in aluminum foil and place them
inside a pot. Cover and heat on medum high until the tomatoes are nice and
soft; stir occasionally.
- Unwrap the vegetables and place in a food processor along with the onion
and cilantro. Blend well. Pour sauce over the pork and simmer for 10 to 15
minutes. You can add a little more fresh cilantro after about 5 minutes of
cooking, if desired.
Cha.cha.cha.it's chili time!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Brandy_Summers